Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 2

Jan. 4, 2012

       I'm currently sitting in a post-dinner coma. I. Ate. WAYYYYY too much. Bleh. I think I'm still okay, though. I woke up at noon (ahh the joys of winter break) and ate an awesome breakfast. I made an avocado and egg sandwich and put it on an arnold's wheat thin. Delicious.
       I also worked out for the first time in a long time. I ran on the treadmill going 3.5 for 90 seconds, then running at 5.5 for 60 seconds. I kept that up for 30 minutes. It was hard, but it felt good. We're also going to go for a walk in a few minutes as a family.
      My only hiccup today was dinner. My mom made a giant pot of turkey chilli. It is probably my favorite meal she makes. As I was dishing out my first bowl (where I denied cheese and only had about 2 tbs. of rice) I found myself already excited about my second bowl. Fail. I was super full as I went to get my second bowl, but I still got it and forced it down. Partly because my mom told me not to. That's no good. Logically, even physically, I knew I didn't need that second bowl, but I couldn't not eat it.
We're talking about joining Weight-Watchers. I think it's a good idea. WW would help me keep weight off long-term.
      Despite my over-indulgent dinner, I've cut down a lot on my eating and I'm still going strong on my 21-day no junk-food challenge. I know it might seem a little premature to celebrate a diet after 3 days, but when my cousin, Drea, and I tried to do the lemonade diet, yeah, the one where you drink lemon juice, water, maple syrup and cayenne pepper, we didn't even make it half a day. Three days is six times as long as that! So yay me! I also incorporated exercise twice today so I'm counting the day as a win. Even the fact that I regret eating two helpings of dinner shows that I'm starting to become aware of what I'm eating and have the desire to change.

Today's Menu:
Brunch: one egg fried in a teaspoon of olive oil, ¼ an avocado, 1 whole wheat Arnold's thin
Dinner: Two big bowls of turkey chilli and about ¼ cup of white rice

Exercise:
30 minutes on the treadmill going 3.5 for 1.5 minutes, then 5.5 for 1 minute
30 minutes walking with the family

No comments:

Post a Comment