Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 5

Jan. 7, 2012
      Uh-oh. Maybe not a great start today. My mom made a big breakfast since Alex was here. I may or may not have participated in the feasting. (Spoiler alert: I totally did). I had probably ½ cup scrambled eggs, and yes, there was cheese in them. I combined them with 2 pieces of oatmeal toast, 2 small turkey sausage patties, and ¼ avocado. Then I also had 2 cups of coffee, a glass of orange juice and a mini cinnamon roll. I'm going to go ahead and say that a cinnamon roll counts as junk food. Probably because it certainly does. I didn't even intend to eat it. It just happened, like sleep eating or something. Except I was awake.
       Anyways, I immediately regretted it so didn't eat lunch and did a big workout with Renee. My aunty Claudia brought her dog over and she and my mom and Lucy walked the track around the park while Renee and I did circuit training. We would run laps around the park and then work different muscle groups on the equipment. It was a lot of fun and we played games to distract ourselves and laughed the whole time. I wish we could consistently work out together. Sigh.
       Now we're both hobbling around clutching our thighs and whining.
       For dinner we got Portillo's salads. I got a chopped salad no cheese, no chicken. Not a bad meal. However, I just finished it and my tummy is still rumbling. Uh-oh. If I'm still hungry in an hour I'll have a bowl of soup or something. I'm proud of myself for turning the day around. It's a step in the right direction from yesterday. Instead of letting a lavish breakfast trash my whole day, I worked hard and ate light and probably will end the day in the neg.
      Funny note, in the car on the way home from Portillo's I was fishing around in the bag making sure everything we ordered was there. (Just FYI, I have YET to get a perfect order from Portillo's. Once they gave me caramel sauce instead of salad dressing. I may or may not have cried. [I did.]) I stumbled across (read: searched for) a delicious, warm, hunk of bread. I took a huge bite and was savoring it and exclaiming how delicious it was to my sister when I remembered my 21 day challenge and literally spat it out the window. Win? Maybe? I deserve a little credit! I mean, yeah, forgetting I was doing a challenge is bad, but spitting that bread out was the hardest thing I've ever done! It was SO GOOD. But my waist line will thank me. Country Thunder. Crop tops. MUST PERSERVERE!


Today's Menu
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs w/ cheese, 2 pieces oatmeal bread, ¼ avocado, 2 small turkey sausage patties, orange juice, 2 glasses coffee, 1 mini cinnamon roll
Dinner: Portillo's chopped salad, no cheese, no chicken

Exercise:
Run, run, run (a lot)
Calisthenics 

No comments:

Post a Comment