Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 4


Jan. 6th, 2012

      Big 2lb loss today! Yay! But not the best eating. Boo. The BF came over today. I woke up, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and had an egg and ¼ avocado for breakfast. Good, right?
      Then for lunch, we went out for sushi. We got a couple rolls with some edamame and split them. We even had 3 or 4 pieces left when we finished. Still doing okay.
       After that he took Renee and I and tried to teach us to drive stick shift. Ahhh! It was my second attempt at learning to drive stick. This time we were using his dad's Honda Civic instead of his Jeep and it was so much easier! I did a lot better! He even let me go on some actual streets! I mean, they were side streets, but still. He may have been white-knuckling his seat and Renee may have been rolling around in the back seat, but I didn't crash! Not even once! Renee and I managed to kill the engine probably a total of 100 times and we could even start to smell the clutch burning. Oops. Enough driving for the day.
       Side note: the way Alex taught us just makes me love him more. He never got impatient, never yelled, never even got annoyed. We all laughed and learned and it was such a pleasant experience. I can already tell he would make a great dad. I can practically picture him one day teaching our son. Am I getting ahead of myself?
       Eh-hem. Anyways...after driver's ed we went and got the dog and took her to play at the park. We all walked and played and ran around and I felt pretty good about everything.
Then my mom came home and took us to an amazing thai place for dinner. OMG was it good! It was also BYOB. We got a bottle of white wine, appetizers and a couple entrees and split them. It was a great meal and a lot of fun, but I felt like I over-indulged. So naturally, when we went to the movies I got an ICEE and ate some of the BF's popcorn.
      Whenever I feel like I didn't eat clean, I have to pig out. That's a problem. Logically, if I felt like I might have gone over my daily cals at dinner I shouldn't make it worse. Unfortunately this is not how my brain works. I figure if I already screwed up I might as well eat what I want.
       Does this unfortunate lapse in simple logic count as a breech of my 21 day challenge? Maybe. I might extend it to 25 days to make up for any faulty things, like popcorn or ICEE's, that aren't on the list but are probably still considered junk food.
      Anyways, I feel good that we were active and typing it out I guess I didn't do AS BAD as I thought I did, but it wasn't a clean eating day. Gotta re-work my mind. One treat or misstep should be just that, not an excuse to throw my diet into the wind. That's going to be a big focus and a big change for me.

Today's Menu:
Breakfast: 1 egg fried in a tsp. Evoo
Lunch: Sushi rolls (~2) and edamame
Dinner: 1 crab rangoon, ½ an egg roll, 1 dim-sum, 1 chicken satay, about ¼ cup white rice, ½ red curry, 1 cup Pad thai, 1.5 glass white whine
Snack: some popcorn, 1 raspberry lemonade ICEE

No comments:

Post a Comment